In "On demand JIRA" how can i change export to excel row limit size from "1000" to "2000"

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hi All,

I have created on filter in On demand JIRA, it have 2500 records. When i export the this 2500 records by using Export option with "Excel" formate, it exports only first 1000 rows. How can i change the maximum export record size from "1000" to "2500".

Please give some idios in "On demand JIRA".

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2013

I have a feeling Atlassian may have blocked that option in OnDemand - there are very good reasons for a limit of 1000 issues.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Performance issue, right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2013

Yup. Every client I've had who has had performance issues has been able to demonstrate that one of the problems is people doing large excel downloads. It's the impact on other users that is the problem (people are happy to wait for a slow download). 1000 rows seems a little arbitrary - in larger systems (in terms of user numbers), you can't see a handful running, but if you run a lot of them at the same time, or you up the limit to 2000, you can start to see other things running significantly more slowly.

Recent versions have improved some of it, but I'd still strongly recommend anyone with a medium or large Jira installation to enable the hard cap at 1000.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Agreed to this, @Nic. Great insight on this! I'll vote this answer for future references by all.

0 votes
Ian Bantilan December 2, 2013

Regardless of the reasoning for the reqiurement for >1k download, what are alternatives for exporting the whole project into excel. I have 2000 issues? I have Confluence/JIRa onDemand. I'm just wondering if there's any way to accomplish this. There's a post for REST API with JQL broken down into several batches. However, I haven't found a way to embed any JSON or REST API results into Confluence via plugin/gadget/macro:) Maybe I missed something very obvious.

Thanks,

Ian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2013

No, you haven't missed anything obvious. Your choices are to do it by batch, or get a backup/export of everything and extract your data from that xml (potentially complex)

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Suggest an answer