Import Project with JIRA Capture

Ian Miller August 1, 2017

Hi,

I have a project I wish to import into my jira instance from an older server.

The new server has installed the latest version jira software, service desk and caputure. When I attempt to import the project I get the following validations errors for the JIRA Capture fields:

The custom field 'JIRA Capture Document Mode' of type 'Capture for JIRA text' is required for the import but does not exist in the current JIRA instance.

If I attempt to add a custom field myself I get the error:

The custom field 'JIRA Capture Browser' in the backup project is of type 'Capture for JIRA text' but the field with the same name in the current JIRA instance is of a different type.

Jira capture has created custom fields named like "Capture for JIRA Browser".

I cannot through the system create new custom fields of type 'Capature for jira text'

Anyone have any ideas how I could migrate this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Miller August 1, 2017

Capture is installed, as the fields are there it just seems the name has been changed from version to version, so renaming to match the new name seemed to fix the issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

It sounds like you don't have Capture installed in the target project.  You'll need to install and configure it before this import will work.

Suggest an answer