Identify trial add-ons in JIRA database for reporting?

I'm setting up some reporting for administrators and I've generated a Deck Of Cards for listing what plugins are installed across our strategic instances of JIRA. However, it would be very usefull to be able to identify what trial plugins are installed and on what instances. Could somebody help me identify what table and field in the JIRA database I can reference this please?

1 answer

Hi Nigel,

• I doubt, we can find any information in database whether it is Trial or not.
  • But, you can easily identify a trial plugin from UI if it has a 'L' in its SEN number.
  • Login as JIRA/Confluence Administrator and go to Manage Add-ons section and select user Installed from drop down and expand each plugin to identify SEN Number
  • Please find attached screenshot.

Trial-license-format.PNG

• Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

Thanks Chander, Yes I'm fine with finding this information out in the UI. Here at Barclays we many plugins under evaluation and many more installed across five strategic instances, five staging instances and various other sandbox instances. It would be very useful to our team to able to see reports about the status of all plugins across all instances in one Confluence admin page. Thanks for you help thought, I wonder if that serial number is refelected in the database?

I will get back to you digging more onto database.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,310 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot