Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to know the users who don't have any tickets assigned. My Lead needs this to know who are fr

I want to know the users who don't have any tickets assigned.

My Lead needs this to know who are free without any work.

If the users don't have any tickets under their name, I want the list. So that I will be able to use the resource by assigning some tickets to him.

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Oct 03, 2021

You cannot do this with JQL as it is used to find issues with certain criteria. You are trying to query users. In JSM they have a Workload report but I don’t recall seeing this for JSW. You might check the Marketplace for potential solutions. 

Thank you Jack, Please guide me any workaround for this

1 vote
G subramanyam Community Leader Oct 03, 2021

Hi @Ravikiran welcome to the Atlassian community.

I assume you have a team of 10-15 members and would like to know the list of assignees and unassigned.

There are lot of details you haven't shared in your query to provide a solution.

Here are the approaches you may try:

1. In your daily Scrum call (if you are running agile projects) you might be taking the notes as to who is working on which Jira issue. From their you can see who are the members with no work or unassigned any work.

2. Use  two dimensional Jira gadget in your dashboard. It lists all the users with work assigned.

3. Make custom JQL as per your management requirement and prepare the custom report.

Thank you for your reply G Subramanyam ,  My question is like  If I have team of 30 people and I need to know Who don't have any Jira tasks 

Example :- 24 people have tasks and 6 people don't have any tasks here I can easily get those 26 people list using JQL query but my problem is those 6 people list , Unable to write JQL query for those 6 people, Is there any possibility to get those list without manually asking In person or in scrum meetings  your suggestions helps me a lot.

Actually, there is a way to have a dashboard that should people without any tickets. 

It is a bit of work to setup, but will give you the info you need. 

1, Create a filter for the projects 

2, In your dashboard, add widget "Filter counts" , this returns the number of results for given filter 

3, Setup the Filter counts as follows: 

a, Top filter is your project filter 

b, Under "Counts" add custom filter for each assignee  (assignee = xx " ) 

c, you can add warning if the result is 0 show red warning 

d, add all assignees you want to watch 

This will give number of tickets with each member and will also include those that have 0 tickets assigned. 

0 votes

1. Create a filter with the JQL "resolution = NULL" and save it

2. Create a dashboard with a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget and use the filter you saved in step [1]

3. Configure "Issue Type" on the X-axis and "Assignee" on the Y-axis

4. Configure results to show 50 results (maximum supported results). This means you'll only see statistics of 50 users.

Hopefully someone else has a better idea than mine.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Oct 03, 2021

But this will only show users that are assigned issues not users without issues assigned. 

Like # people like this

Thank you for your reply, Yes I need list of users who don't have any Jira issues

Woops, you're right @Jack Brickey . Thanks for correcting me!

Suggest an answer