I want to have a calculated filed which can add fields and display result on create sreen

CCP TechOps October 31, 2014

I want to have a calculated filed which can add field values and display result on create screen it self, i have installed JIRA Misc Custom Fields, it works well when ticket is created, but i want to see the the result of calculation while creating ticket itself, is that possible with JIRA Misc Custom Fields or do we have any other plugin or a script that can do this.

2 answers

0 votes
CCP TechOps November 5, 2014

Thanks Jamie,

Hope this will work on transition screen, but i wanted to add this on create screen it self, although i tried creating the new filed and added it on create screen, bit it did not appear on create screen it self.

my requirement here is simple, let say A and B are 2 number filed i just need to add both and get result on C

A+B =C

but what i wanted  that all this calculation should run on create screen it self so that people entering ticket should see the total of 2 value  during creation of ticket it self rather then after ticket creation.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

For create screen I think you'd use behaviours (part of script runner), or roll your own javascript.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

The approach described here and in the linked gist should work for any calculated field: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted%20Fields#ScriptedFields-DisplayingScriptFieldsinTransitionScreens

Suggest an answer