I need to bulk clone from one project to another - anyone have an answer after 2014???

Scott Berp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 7, 2020

I see questions and answers from 2014 to do a deep copy and bulk clone of issues from one project to another - maintaining the originals in the source project.

Ummmm isn't their a way to do this now that we are in 2020?? Do I really need to go rummaging through apps to find one and deal with this?

I see a move but why not a move and maintain. What am i misisng here?

Probably by the time this gets a response -I will have had to do it the brute force way - which is amazing for something so standard.

The reason I am doing this in the first place is I selected share settings from another project and I do not have scrum board or backlog to the project I built and I need it.... I cannot find help on that either.

As great as this product can be- the help is terrible

1 answer

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

I reviewed my JIRA settings and it is not an easy answer without purchasing add in.

The easiest way that I can think of is--- clone the issues. Search for the Clones and migrate them. Then if needed in new project can do a bulk update to remove the clone notation from the summary.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events