I need a filter that will show the last time a user in a specific group updated an issue

Deleted user March 20, 2012

We have 2 main groups of users, support and developers. Support can write comments but not update the JIRA issue where developers can edit, update and comment on issues.

Some managers were tyring to track when the last time a developer updated an open issue by checking the issue updated field, but then realizaed that any support person who adds a comment updated the date as well.

Is there a way to create a filter where we can see the last update from anyone in a certain group?

In other words I want to see a list of issues and get the last udpated date where the update was made by developers not support.

3 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

If your usecase is to actually find whether there are any pending tickets not updated by development team (which means the last update was from support) rather than on the actual time, Last commented by a User Flag custom field may be of interest. This will help you to search issues which are last commented by non developers.

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

There's a pretty good solution-workaround.

You could for example create a Date Customfield called 'Last Developer Action' that could be updated using the Script-Runner Plugin everytime a developer does a modification.

Then you can do a filter that brings this data from the issues. I highly recommend this plugin, if the 'Last Developer Action' date customfield isn't enough I'm sure there are others you could create.

Here it is some documentation about this plugin.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

I dont think you can create filter via JIRA for this kinda of information. You can however get this by going directly to the database and select in jiraaction table and then filter "comment" as the action type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events