I need a custom field to show the age of an issue , can that be configured in Jira 4.3

Radha Srinivasan September 1, 2011

I need a field that does something like Age = now () - create date . Is it possible to add such a custom field in Jira 4.3? If not is there a plugin that will allow such a custom field to be added?

1 answer

0 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2011

I am not aware of such plugin.

I see a simple solution: write your own plugin with a custom field basing on com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.CalculatedCFType. With this approch you will end up with two dates actually showing effectively the same stuff (creation date and the age). Also https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12958 talks about eactly the same stuff.

Alternatively, if you want change the way how JIRA does stuff (instead of adding a field)) you can change the way how creation date is displayed in view issue screen. Newest versions of JIRA use jira-view-issue-plugin to render fields (take a look at jira-components/jira-plugins/jira-view-issue-plugin/src/main/resources/viewissue/datesblock.vm). But that will not change the way how Issue Navigator displays dates.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2011

Calculated custom fields are only updated when the issue is modified (or you reindex). Might be easier to write a report or gadget which shows the age, rather than using a custom field.

Suggest an answer