Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I have problems with filters

I have problem with the most basic filter (in my opinion).
I need to be able to select all the issues from the project and then - from the respectful epic.

I used query:

project = "CRM" AND "Epic Name" = "Questionnaire management" ORDER BY created DESC

and got 0 results, what should I do?

2 answers

0 votes

There is a slightly odd way the Epics have been implemented here (it's a historical quirk from when Epics were first added to Jira, one Atlassian never refactored out)

• Epic Name is a field that names an Epic
  • Epic Link is a field that links an issue to an Epic
  • They are intertwined, so they provide the issue/Epic linking!

So, your query is actually looking for the Epic's name, on issues.  Which isn't there!

Try:

project = "CRM" AND "Epic Link" != "Questionnaire management" ORDER BY created DESC

Unfortunately, it didnt work:

CRM.PNG

When I try replace the name with the Epic number which is CRM-1324, I get more issues from different epics :/

Sorry, I've just realised there was a typo in there!  Remove the exclamation mark from the != - it is inverting the question to "show me all issues with epic links except the one I want"

Yeah, I noticed that as well but still after removing the ! it is not working:
1.PNG

What do you get from 

"Epic Name" = "Questionnaire management"

(Yes, ignore the project)

there you go:

1.PNG

This is strange, when I go directly into this Epic, all the issues are linked, but of course, I can't get any statistics (how much of SP are for all the Stories, etc).

So that query does not find any issues ?

No, not even a one :/

Ok, that's the problem - you don't have an Epic with the name "Questionnaire management", so there's no link to find when you're searching Epic link.

Hi @Aleksandra 

Have you tried:

project = "CRM" AND "Epic Name" != "Questionnaire management" ORDER BY created DESC

Also, are you sure you have the right project?

HTH,
KGM

Yup, this is the right Epic, see the screenshot below:

CRM.PNG

unfortunately, this also didn't work (the one that you indicated) - this gave me back all the epics in the project.

Sorry to hear that. Is the value in the field "Epic Name" also Questionnaire management?

KGM

@Aleksandra  can you show us more details of this CRM-1324 issue?

Like how its fields are populates?

Thanks,
KGM

Hi Kristjan,

I will gladly do it, but can you navigate me?
I wasn't setting ups this Jira so I need a more guidance :)

Hi @Aleksandra 

I mean a screen shot of this particular issue. So we can see the fields and their values.

Thanks,
KGM

Sorry, I got ya.
See below:

1.PNG

2.PNG

Hi, do you have any update for me?
It looks like one of the most basic queries and it is not working, so I have to do my calculations half manually, which is crazy time consuming :(

Hi @Aleksandra 

I´ve been following the discussion between you and @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_  and I am a bit baffled, to be honest.

We've established that CRM-1324 truly does have a field called "Epic Name" that has the value "Questionnaire management"

Is CRM-1324 an Issue Type "Epic"?

I wonder if this is an index error. Maybe you should create a support ticket and ask for a reindex on the project...  Sorry :/

KGM

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you