I am scared to upgrade Jira 8.0.1

Kai He February 26, 2019

My experience with previous installation of Jira Server was horrible customer service, very slow response, often issues take 1-2 days to even respond. Now I am facing with task of upgrading 7.13 to 8.01, and I am scared that the nightmare of dealing with jira customer service all over again. So I am willing to pay to NOT dealing with Jira customer service representative. 

Do someone offer service to guarantee success upgrade without interrupt our current customers.

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

I would recommend asking an Atlassian Solution Partner.

I work for one which does this sort of upgrade work all the time, but I try not to advertise too much here.   I'd strongly recommend using https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/ to find one that suits you - people will put different values on the languages available, location (ease of visiting) or experience with specific products, so I think it's worth looking for yourself.

0 votes
Kai He August 6, 2019

Okay I am F*Cked... I followed the instructions and upgraded to 8.3.1 and now nothing works. Even the sysadmin account can not be log in. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2019

What went wrong?  What errors did you get during upgrade, on-screen and in the logs?  What did you do differently to the docs?

Suggest an answer