• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I am configuring JIRA 5 in the staging environment, and when I click on a ticket in staging, it brings me to the production environment

I am configuring JIRA 5 in the staging environment, and when I click on a ticket in staging, it brings me to the production environment

ChelmerL March 11, 2012

I am configuring JIRA 5 in the staging environment, and when I click on a ticket in staging, it brings me to the production environment. Obviously this could have some ramifications as we don't want to do any testing on real tickets. Can you please help me to explain why my JIRA config is doing this? I'll attach screen shots.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2012

Hi Rudy,

It sounds like the base URL of your staging environment is set incorrectly. Log in as an Administrator and select Administration -> System -> General Configuration and check the value that you have for the Base URL in the Settings section (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options)

JIRA uses the Base URL as the prefix for links to issues and it sounds like you have both staging and production set to the same value rather than having the hostname of your staging environment in the base URL for staging.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events