How to turn Vote in JIRA service Desk?

How to config Service Desk to allow customer to vote the issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

Unfortunately it's not possible to vote on an issue on customer portal interface, although, there is an improvement request open for this matter. Please find it below. We strongly suggest you to vote on this request in order to expedite its resolution.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1743

Cheers

L.F

Thank you for quick response.

I have not change default setting.

Allow users to vote on issuesON

I still not able to vote in customer portal. My Service Desk version is 2.3.3

0 vote

Hi Weihua!

Voting is turned on for all issues by default and can be controlled by customizing JIRA options. Check if this setting is enabled on your instance.

--

Cheers!

Joao

Until JSD-1743 is resolved, one work-around is to configure the "Introduction text" in Portal Settings and add a hyperlink to a kanban board where users can see the full list of issues and vote on them there. I did this in setting up our idea portal, and I think I like it even better than Service Desk's functionality to let users search for issues created by other people; it actually makes it easier to filter to just the issue type you want them to see. In setting up the kanban board, I just put all statuses in a single column (which prevents drag-n-drop status changing), and I ordered the list by the number of votes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

616 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you