How to subtract time from logged time on an issue?

When a mistake is made and too much time got logged on an issue, how can you adjust this?

I tried to log -15m (or -15) but that doesn't work.
An admin can of cos do this, but what about users?

Any suggestions on this?

2 answers

1 accepted

You could give users the "Edit own worklog" permission to allow them to do this.

That is already enabled, but still am not able to subtract time. Any other suggestions?

The edit allows you to change the logged time. You don't put in -15 minutes, you change it from 1 hour to 45 minutes.

Nic is right. You should modify the already existing work log, not add a new one with a negative value.

Thanks for helping me :)
Maybe it's because I'm somewhat new to Jira I can't figure out where to do this?

I normally add the time at "Time Spent"
The total logged value (now showing 0.75h), is automatically increased.
Do I use "Set to" under estimate? If so, is this not more for the estimated time on an issue, rather then the logged (real) time? (see screenshot as well)

Below the issue details, there are a number of tabs, like comments, history and work logs. In the work log tab you change the values you want.

It appears the time logged against a ticket is cummulative, thus you cannot reduce the number of days, hours or minutes when you enter erroneous figures. For example, I attempted to reduce the number of days that I logged for a ticket by 3 days, but when I clicked on 'Update'; I received the following message: 'You must indicate the time spent working'. When I indicated the time spent working, the time already recorded was increased by the time entered. How do you get around this?

Below the issue details, there are a number of tabs, like comments, history and work logs. In the work log tab you change the values you want.

That's it!!
Thanks for your help (and patience!) guys

Thank you for the help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

57 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you