How to stop a ticket from showing on a Kanban board (only on separate Sprint Scrum board)

Anna Litz January 3, 2019

New to Jira... Created a Kanban board to work thru a 2+ year history of Maintenance backlog.  To help narrow this board, a separate Scrum board was created for a particular project.  However, all tickets in that Scrum board are ALSO showing on the Kanban board.  How do I stop tickets from being on the Kanban board?  Looking for way to do this in bulk (as well as individual tickets)... help would be so much appreciated.  Not finding solutions when searching the web.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hello,

Have a look at the filter defined for the kanban board (board settings -> general). This filter should not select issues, which the filter from the scrum board selects.

Anna Litz January 3, 2019

Thanks!  Anything you can point me to in order to understand how to set up a filter that will EXCLUDE a particular Epic from the Kanban board?

Also interested in a filter that will exclude a particular assignee from this board?

(Easier to exclude the particulars above rather than extensive effort to manually trigger all those that should be included)  

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

To exclude a particular Epic you should add to your filter:

key != epickey

To exclude assignee would be:

assignee != yourassingee
Anna Litz January 4, 2019

Thank you!  I did this, but all issues/sub-tasks under the epic I excluded are still showing up on the board... any idea why?

Is there a way without manually setting filters to REMOVE a ticket from appearing on the Kanban board.  I see clearly how to add the ticket to a Kanban board, but NOT how to remove it.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2019

If you do not have any common field for all tasks, which must be included, then you would need to enumerate the keys of such issues.

There must be common attribute for all tasks. which you want to exclude.

Suggest an answer