How to stop Jira Cloud for Slack from prompting user to login?

Alex Bernardin November 15, 2019

We are using Jira Cloud for Slack.

One of our users does not want to login to his jira account through Slack. The app prompts him to do so every time he posts a jira link. 

Is there a way to have the plug in stop prompting folks to login? On a person by person basis?

2 answers

0 votes
Rusty May 8, 2023

Regardless of which selection i make, every single time I post a Jira link it gives me the prompt.
The worst part is WE ALREADY HAVE JIRA Cloud integrated!

My biggest disappoint is that this won't be annoying enough to prompt our whole company to move away from Atlassian.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 9.34.14 am.png

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Rusty 

Sorry to hear about this.  It sounds like there is a problem with this integration if you keep seeing this prompt, that should not be happening.  I would encourage you to reach out to one of your site-admins about this.  The site-admins are able to create a support case for your cloud site in relation to this.  They can do this by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Since your account is not a site-admin here, if you try to do this, it would only redirect here to Community.  However in this case, our support team will want to take a closer look at your Cloud site.

I could create a support case on your behalf, but since your account is not a site-admin it might delay our ability to investigate further here.  Typically our support team will requests data access to your site and that can only be granted by a site-admin or higher level.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2023

We have a new bug to track this behavior over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-666

I recommend watching that ticket for updates on this problem.

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Rusty May 17, 2023

Thank you so much for that @Andy Heinzer!
I still had this on my to do list "Get the site admin to raise this issue with Atlassian" but I really appreciate you getting it done.

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2019

Hey @Alex Bernardin !

We recently pushed a new feature for the Jira Cloud for Slack integration. When you post a link and get the message from the app to log in to Jira, there's a "Not now" button that can be clicked to dismiss the prompt.

The first time the "Not now" button is clicked, that user won't get another prompt to log in for a week. If they click it again after a week, the app will wait two weeks. The wait time scales up progressively to stay unobtrusive. The integration keeps track per-person in your workspace (if you snooze it for example, your teammates will still see the login request unless they snooze it too).

Everyone should be seeing the "Not now" button in the message asking them to log in at this point. This is relatively new within the last few weeks. If you aren't seeing the button for some reason, let me know and we'll investigate.

Cheers,
Daniel

Doug Alfonso February 3, 2020

A "Not Now, Not Ever" button would be nicer. 

Like # people like this
Simon Orr June 1, 2021

Why would you think that's acceptable?

How about "No, I never want to connect these accounts, stop wasting my time" button?

Suggest an answer