Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to show story time line on roadmap board

Hi,

I am trying to migrate to the next-generation project.

Road map board looks very helpful but when trying to use it to manage time for a project I am not able to do what I want to

This is my use case

I have created an epic which starts on 1st March 2020 and ends on 30 June 2020
Now inside the epic, I have created 5 stories 
The last story ends on 30-Aug-2020

Expectation. 

I expect road map to show me that I won't be able to meet my epic deadline as one of the stories is going longer than epic.

Is there any way to auto compile timelines on roadmap based on the start date and end date of stories and task?

1 answer

9 votes

Hello Shyam,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When we use the Roadmap, Epics will show the date range and currently, the child issues don't show this information on the roadmap when we expand the Epics. 

Also, the Epic won't adjust automatically if a child issue has an end date after the Epic's end date.

There are feature requests suggesting improvements for Roadmaps:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the features.

Regards,
Angélica

Hey @Shyam Suchak  @Angélica Luz  when we updated the start date and due date field for the epic it's not reflected in roadmap view.

Roadmap is still showing the old start date and due date for that epic. We're on classic jira project. 

Can you please let us know if you've an idea? Thank you in advance. 

Regards,
Narendra

Why do they sell it like it can do all these things it can't? 

Advanced roadmap hierarchy screenshot

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps

Stuart C Community Leader Apr 19, 2021

Hi @Chris Evans 

That is a screenshot of Advanced Roadmaps. It's a different product to Roadmaps and is part of the premium subscription.

They work quite differently and advanced roadmaps includes a lot of extra features.

Like # people like this

@Stuart C , can we use advanced road maps on next-gen projects?

Stuart C Community Leader May 20, 2021

I'm afraid not @Kelly Formus - not yet at least. I did notice the Jira issue for that feature has been assigned and moved from gathering interest to pending. It might be possible in the future roadmap.

@Chris Evans the link here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-the-roadmap/ so there is at least some way to show sprint timelines on the roadmap without using the advanced roadmap. 

clearly shows the sprint items showing up with timelines in the roadmap. The UI that is shown is the roadmap UI and not the advanced roadmap UI. How do we see the story timeline or sprint timelines on the roadmap? 

I agree, the roadmap help doco online quite clearly shows the gantt-like bars for the issues under the epic on the roadmap - with no explanatory text to state that what is shown is a paid for feature....  anyway based on what I read here that seems to be the case.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you