How to see use a names instead of user-choise name or username

Tomáš Vrabec July 14, 2017

Hi everyone,

Got a raising troubles with JIRA usernamse.

Coming with new login system, there were a question for everyone "would you like to use your name or your username for this JIRA instance".

Trouble is, that usernames have no key or system in our instance.

As before everytime worked the real name, there were no issue with this.

But at now, as my colleague lets say Jan Novák did his coice to use user name, which is jannovak I can no more mention or assign him by typing "No .."

Is there an global switch how to move all to "use name instead of username"?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2017

Hi Thomas,

There was a change to the account management systems as you know and now the end user will need to go into their profile to make the changes to their name per the Administer Atlassian accounts knowledge base article

There is not a global switch per se, however, you can change give yourself the ability to make the changes on the users behalf by making the accounts managed.  To do this you would need to verify your domain.  Once you have verified your domain with Atlassian your accounts will become managed and you will be able to make the changes to the user name on their behalf.

For more information on the account changes please see the Administer Atlassian accounts knowledge base article.

Cheers,

Branden

Tomáš Vrabec July 20, 2017

So even I will verify domain and go to administer accounts, there is no way how to switch all of them to "use the name".

This is really pain, going to raise a bugreport, this even broke a lot of filters and rules as name in sender of email is now different.

Even to find someone in confluence article is now impossible. Sad.

Suggest an answer