How to see someone else's precise Dashboard view in which many filters say assignee = currentUser() ??

Gary Whizin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2011

I want to see exactly what each of my colleagues see when they vew a shared "My Dashboard" that has lots of filtering based on currentUser(). For an individual filter, I can grab a "permalink". I want the equivalent for a Dashboard or the ability to plunk a combobox on a Dashboard and pick an Assignee from a user list. (Same need to parameterize could reasonably apply to other fields too.) Any ideas?

Steps to reproduce the need:

1. Create a dashboard with several filter-based gadgets in which each filter includes assignee = currentUser()
  2. How can two users see precisely what the other would see?

(Please don't suggest duplicated filters & dashboards with hard-coded Assignee)

I haven't looked into setting up reports as an alternative, but would really like to use these night Dashboards we've set up.

1 answer

3 votes
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

There is a plugin used mainly for administration that allows you to login as other users and see things as they would...

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5043

Suggest an answer