How to search stories which do not have a particular subtask ?

charutiwari November 25, 2019

I want to search all the stories which do not have a subtask with subtask summary "integration tickets" ?

6 answers

2 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2019

Hi,

Sadly you must go for a third-party app for this complex query.

Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you must type:

Find Stories not having Subtaks with summary "integration tickets"

type = Story AND issue NOT IN parentsOf('summary ~ "integration tickets" AND type in subTaskIssueTypes()')

Regards

1 vote
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

@charutiwari As mentioned by others, its not possible naively, I am using  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports.

I would suggest give a try , its not that much expensive and have amazing built in queries. 

In your case by using this plugin following query will get all user stories which have no sub tasks.

issue in subtaskCountLessThan(1)and issuetype=story 
charutiwari November 26, 2019

Thankyou @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) , is there any free version of this in the marketplace?

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

Unfortunately its paid one, but you can give a try at trail version , all plugins in jira are available on trail for one month

charutiwari December 2, 2019

@Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) : Would I need to purchase this for every login on my cloud JIRA or just one overall? Say if it cost $10 and my cloud JIRA has 20 user, Would I need to pay $200?

If it is for every login, can I purchase it for only my login and not everyone? 

Thanks!

0 votes

Thankyou everyone. Is there any free extension I can get for this in the marketplace or anywhere else?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 26, 2019

As I suggeted, JQL Booster Pack is free prior to 2.x version.

Like charutiwari likes this

@Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_  would it work with Cloud JIRA?

Marketplace Partner
November 27, 2019

Not sorry, only available for Server & DataCenter deployment options

0 votes
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2019

Scriptrunner 

type = story and issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOfAll("summary~'integration tickets' and type=sub-task")

Search Linked Issues

type = story and issue not in parentIssuesFromQuery("summary~'integration tickets'") 

charutiwari December 3, 2019

@Leonard Chew  : I added scriptrunner . However the functions and query you suggested is still not available. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2019

OOTB you can’t find issues that have or do not have sub-tasks so that interferes with your goal. You can accomplish this using an addon like Scriptrunner and others.

0 votes
Solomon David Cherian November 25, 2019

You will need to have Scriptrunner for the same. It has "issueFunction" capability in JQL that provides help complicated requirements.

Suggest an answer