• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to revert to previous saved version of a story

I'm trying to revert to the previous saved version of a story in Jira.

Found this help article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-history-and-page-comparison-views-139379.html

However, there is no "page history" option in the ellipsis dropdown as per the instructions.

I can see the previous versions at the bottom of my story when I select "history" under activities, but there is no option to revert from there. I can copy and paste the content from that history but all the styling is stripped out. It's a MASSIVE story and I don't want to have to reformat the whole thing.

I thought it might be my permissions but our Jira admin person also can't see the page history under the ellipses. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren Community Leader Dec 12, 2019

Hi @Fiona Morrison 

The link that you've included is for Confluence, which does indeed keep a history of the changes and it allows you to revert.

Unfortunately, Jira doesn't have that functionality and the only way I know of "reverting" is to check changes in the History section.

Ahh right, thanks Warren for getting back to me. Looks like I'm reformatting! At least there's still a history!

Hi

Where is the history section of the ticket? On a next Gen project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you