How to remove the mandatory field

Sharath Moolya April 11, 2024

Hello,

In one of the Resolution screen in jira when selected option "Done" and if there is no change information updated it appears a message "No change information provided".

What i am looking here is when i select the "Done" from Resolution field , it should not popup any message and allows to resolve it. Can you please guide where can i find this mandatory option or any script defined in jira . Please note that Resolution field is used by several projects

resultion.png

2 answers

1 vote
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

Hi @Sharath Moolya 

I'd start with the workflow. Check for any "validators" in the transition to done status. From what you shared I am guessing it is expecting a comment in this transition. 

If you have scriptrunner there is also a chance that there is a behaviour in place. 

Hope that helps and you can resolve it.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2024

Hi Sharath,

Can you check the History of the issue to see when the Resolution is getting set to Done? If there is no entry in the History, that means it is probably getting set at issue creation. Which means the Resolution field is probably on the Create screen. 

Suggest an answer