How to integrate Jira with SVN repositaries

Sudarshan Bisht August 8, 2011

We have installed Jira 4.4 standalone on a local server and in that same server we have created multiple svn repositary. Is it possible to intergrate Jira Projects to their respective svn repositary. If yes, plz tell me how to configure this things. I am new to jira and needs your help on this.

4 answers

3 votes
BarthélémyH August 8, 2011

You can use this JIRA plugin : https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin

When you commit, don't forget to add the issue key in the comment (something like ABC-123).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2011

It's worth thinking about a pre-commit hook in Subversion which scans for an issue-key and stops commit if there isn't one.

1 vote
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

SVNFlash is also a good (I would say better) alternative to Atlassian's JIRA Subversion plugin and the most powerful way to integrate JIRA and Subversion.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

@Nic is right.

Pablo.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

@David, my aplogies for the inconveniences.

It was really a extremely powerful tool to explore Subversion repositories from the browser and fully integrated with JIRA and other products. In fact, I partnered with Collabnet and it was published on their web site until I decided to discontinue it.

The picture below shows a nice feature supported by SVNFlash: Revision graphs. It was real ;)

David Keaveny April 2, 2013

Poor ol' Subversion is suffering for a lack of Atlassian love, with SVN OnDemand being dumped in favour of BitBucket with its DVCS offerings. I think that that was our dealbreaker for not going with JIRA OnDemand - the only way to integrate SVN with JOD is to host your own Fisheye instance and then set up app links to JOD. Looked like a useful product though, @Pablo.

0 votes
David Keaveny April 1, 2013

Ignore the link to SVNFlash posted by Pablo - it's a spam link. Unfortunately I don't have enough karma to downvote it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2013

It used to be valid. I think what's happened is no-one used the plugin so Pablo discontinued work on it and then did not renew ownership of the site. Subsequently, it's been taken up by a spammer.

Suggest an answer