How to hide a project from dashboard (JIRA Core Cloud)

Ken Jacobs April 13, 2018

I have a completed project and want to hide it from my dashboard. Also if it had any outstanding issues can they also be hidden from the dashboard?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ken Jacobs April 13, 2018

I figured it out.

Walt Harper July 3, 2018

Can you share what you did?

Ken Jacobs July 3, 2018

Silly on my part for not figuring it out! I have a dashboard with active projects. I go to the three dot menu on the projects widget and select Edit. It lists all the projects and you can use the CTRL to select/deselect a project. Kinda clunky but it works!

Whitehoof May 24, 2019

I've tried your way, it didn't prove helpful. Your suggestion only removes the project from the "Projects" widget.

How to hide a project from the ENTIRE DASHBOARD is still an enigma to me. Does anyone have a solution to that?

Judy Colonero October 4, 2019

Has anyone been able to give a solution to this?  I too want to hide the projects from the dashboard for the ones that are either completed or on hold. 

Like Whitehoof likes this
Judy Colonero October 18, 2019

I ended up creating an Admin Only Permission and associated all the projects that needed to be removed from the dashboard to it.   Everyone else's dashboard looks cleaner except for mine since I'm the admin.   

Alexandru Simion January 8, 2020

How did you add that permission to Next Gen Software? (if this project type is available in Jira Core Cloud). I don;t seem to find where to edit the permissions for this type in particular. 

Judy Colonero February 27, 2020

Sorry for the late reply Alexandru..... we are using the JIRA Classic Scrum board on Cloud.  I don't believe permission modifications are available using the Next Gen. 

Suggest an answer