It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to have different workflow for different issue types

chandra C Jan 11, 2018

I want to have different work flows for different issue types for instance "issue type - Bug" will have a different work flow and "issue type - enhancement" will have a different work flow.

Is it possible please?

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Leader Jan 11, 2018

Yes, you can have different workflow for different issueTypes. Using workflow schemes. Map the workflow scheme to the project.

Tarun Sapra Community Leader Jan 11, 2018
chandra C Jan 11, 2018

I looked at that article, but I don't think so that detail will because the question is can a project have multiple workflows. My project has 3 issue types, so can I have 3 workflows? when the user selects enhancement as one of the issue type the workflow should be different from issue type bug.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jan 11, 2018

I think you should have another read of that document.

Workflow schemes are exactly what you need here.  They say "for issue type X, use workflow Y, for another issue type use workflow Z". 

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

9,295 views 29 42
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you