How to group ERP modules under JIRA

Amr January 4, 2018

I have an ERP solution that contains over 15 modules like:

General Ledger, Stock Control, Sales, Purchases, Point of Sales, Human Resources, ... etc.

In case I chose to have "User Story" + "Subtasks" under each "User Story". Knowing that one "User Story" should have one screen + details on behavior of such screen & relation to other screen(s) (or module(s)). This means that one module should include several screens & one screen should be under single "User Story". Now the question is: What is the best approach to group modules in JIRA? Any other suggestions that best fit ERP solutions knowing that modules is basic building block in it & considering that Offerings of such ERP solution is available partial like some customer would buy 4 module out of available 15 modules (e.g. General Ledger, Stock Control, Sales, Purchases with NO need for Human Resources module)?

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

Hi Amr,

Where do you see "Spam"? I am not seeing it anywhere.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

@Fadoua - I've just released it from quarantine

Amr January 4, 2018

It is just removed by atlassian support 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2018

@Thomas Schlegelthank you for taking care of it Mate! I was unable to see it under "Spam Quarantine".

Marcelo Mrack January 18, 2019

Hi Amr,

Use the built-in "Components" in Jira or create a multi--select field called, for example, "Modules" and associate it into the Story screens.

Why this approach?

Since your features (in your case "Stories") could be applied/solve/affect several modules at once, multi--select fields (like native Comonent) is the right way to solve this scenario. Or, a customized field, if Comonent already used for another thing.

And, to ensure the correctness, create validators in the Story's workflow.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer