How to get worklog report from Jira?

Brightone Msengeti March 21, 2022

Jira report for pulling cumulative time spent for particular user.

8 answers

8 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 2, 2022

@Brightone Msengeti 

Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud comes with a built-in and dedicated Jira worklog report template. That automatically creates relevant pivot tables and pivot charts from the exported Jira worklog data.

It's integrated with Tempo Timesheets as well (among others), so you can build your worklog reports from Tempo-managed worklogs and metadata if you use Tempo Timesheets.

Find sample Excel worklog reports here >>
A Jira Cloud worklog export tutorial with video here >>

jira-worklog-report.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

8 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2022

Hello @Brightone Msengeti 

As an alternative, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud. With its reports, you can solve your issue easily.

Choose an Assignee time report. It shows how long each Assignee has been working on each issue. And in the "Total" column you can find the total time a particular person has spent on each issue. 

assignee.png

Also, you can export a generated report to CSV or XLSX files.

It's developed by my team and is free for using up to 10 users. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

1 vote
Vaibav Kumar June 22, 2022

Hey folks, here is a popular, best and free alternate not just for worklog generation, but is bundled with lot more cool features.

Jira Assistant for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jira-assistant-worklog-sp/momjbjbjpbcbnepbgkkiaofkgimihbii

For other browsers and more details visit https://www.jiraassistant.com

Even best thing is, their is no need of any admin permission. Any user can easily install and start using it right a way.

I came across it by chance and using it from past 2 years. Its definitely worth a try.

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
March 24, 2022

Hi !

I would recommend you our Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports . Our app allows you to create a report based on Jira Time Logs and Jira issue fields including the custom ones. There are many possibilities to built your report. For example, you can check how much time each user spent on each project, issue type or customer.

Project - User report.gif

You can chose to view the report as a table or graphic chart.

bar chart assignee.png

Each report can be exported to an excel file, shared through a link or added to a dashboard in a Worklog gadget.

Feel free to check it out in our Interactive Demo here.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2022

Hi @Brightone Msengeti

here's another app that you might like: JXL for Jira

It's a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows grouping and summing up your issues based on any issue fields, including your issues' assignees.

This is how this could look in action:

assignee-grouping.gif

You can perform different kinds of sum-ups, including including, of course, a straightforward "sum" of all work logs!

(It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than that - from inline editing and issue creation, to quick sorting and filtering, to support for issue hierarchies. More info at https://jxl.app. Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2022

Hi @Brightone Msengeti, if you're open to trying add-ons, I'd like to suggest you checking Planyway out. It's a 3-rd party app that was developed by my team. It has the Reports tab that shows tracked time on issues per user:

2022-03-05_16-58-40.png

Planyway syncs with Jira worklogs. You'll see the total tracked time per user and can check time per each issue.

Hope you give it a try, feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,
Tania

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2022

Hi @Brightone Msengeti 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Worklogs Report.PNG

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2022

Hi @Brightone Msengeti

you have a various more and less sophisticated tools available on the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=worklogs

Suggest an answer