component =  20500

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi,

In cloud you can try this

https://your Domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/project/{projectId or Key}/components

Robert_Rosskopf March 22, 2022

Works also for self hosted installations, though it is not that eyefriendly :-). But it works and helps i. e. for preparing links to create issues.

Like Dragana Frohnert likes this
Rachit Singhal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2022

Thanks @Mohamed Benziane , It is working for both cloud and data center.

4 votes
Elliott Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2022

I have a solution that uses only the UI: Add or remove the component from an already existing issue, then check the issue's History tab. You'll see the component ID in the log.

Untitled 3.png

0 votes
Matt Brown December 2, 2021

@ban yige did you ever determine a solution for this? The advanced search and URL used to have the ID but now it is the term. I desperately need the id and can only use the UI. 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

@ban yige components IDs usually refer to the server version of Jira. Are you using a server or cloud version or Jira? If you are using a cloud version, then try the solution that @Mohamed Benziane provided. If you are using the server version, then read this solution, which may provide some help to your problem https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-you-use-SQL-to-find-the-component-id-for-an-issue-in-the/qaq-p/241611

Alex 

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_   Hope fully, it's for cloud as tagged.  But, thanks as you have already covered for both.

Suggest an answer