How to fetch all the option keys of an Elements Connect field?

Anil Peres-da-Silva April 18, 2023

A customer is using Elements Connect.

{"id":"customfield_16528","name":"Entrega","custom":true,"orderable":true,"navigable":true,"searchable":true,"clauseNames":["cf[16528]","Entrega"],"schema":{"type":"array","items":"string","custom":"com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed:nfeed-standard-customfield-type","customId":16528}}

autocompletedata returns no results against their jira server

/rest/api/latest/jql/autocompletedata/suggestions?fieldName=customfield_16528
GET:{"results":[]}

project queries return the id, not the display name

https://{sever}/rest/api/latest/search?startAt=0&maxResults=1000&jql=(project=PTI3441+and+issuetype="Story")&fields=customfield_16528,updated,id

{"expand":"names,schema","startAt":0,"maxResults":1000,"total":1,"issues":[{"expand":"operations,versionedRepresentations,editmeta,changelog,renderedFields","id":"769872","self":http://{server}/rest/api/latest/issue/769872,"key":"PTI3441-2","fields":{"updated":"2023-04-18T15:07:44.000-0300","customfield_16528":["865596"]}}]}

Is there a public REST api to query the IDs and Display Names? 

so that I can write a program to transform the one into the other?

Appreciate it & Thank you

Anil Peres-da-Silva

2 answers

0 votes
Anil Peres-da-Silva May 26, 2023

Hi Laura, 

I have not. Thank you.

I did find additional Elements Connect documentation though, which indicated that the expected behavior of Elements Connect is to return the ID in fields, and to return the displayvalue in renderedFields.

We tested that and found it to be true, so we've adopted this later approach.

To be honest, I'm not thrilled about it.

The solution now costs more in time, traffic and memory.

But at least we have a solution.

Again, thank you.

anil

Nicolas Esteves May 30, 2023

Hi @Anil Peres-da-Silva

[...] so we've adopted this later approach.

I'm glad to know you found the solution.

The solution now costs more in time, traffic and memory.

I understand your disappointment. Unfortunately, this behavior is quite normal actually.

Indeed, when you only retrieve the IDs, data comes from Jira, because IDs are stored in the Jira database. Response times are therefore optimal.

When you retrieve the Display Values, data comes from your datasources, because Display Values are not stored in Jira, they are dynamically retrieved. That's why the query is longer and more resource consuming. Path to find the data is different.

May I know if the cache is enabled in your Elements Connect fields? That could be a way to reduce the impact.

Please don't hesitate to contact us here: https://support.elements-apps.com

Our team will be pleased to help you checking your configuration and see what could be done.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Anil Peres-da-Silva and welcome to Community!

I'm sorry to see you didn't get an answer for your question about Elements Connect. Have you contacted the Elements Support team?

Suggest an answer