How to export detailed test results on Jira Xray?

Marion Hp March 8, 2019

Hi everybody,

I'm very new on Jira and my company is moving from ALM tool to Jira XRAY for tests management.

I found how to export results from tests execution (directly from test execution pages and from searches), but I don't know how to have detailed results. By detailed I mainly mean with comments and evidences we can add during the execution.

Moreover, that would be great to know exactly which test failed and not only a status percentage.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Marion

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

You did mention what would be the preferred format for the export. If Excel spreadsheets are acceptable, then you can export comments and evidences both at execution- and at step level using the Better Excel Exporter app. See this page for details.

Disclaimer: it is a paid and supported app, developed by our team.

jira-xray-tests-with-test-runs

david.allison March 22, 2023

I have seen reports like this before, but when the say they include evidence it appears if it is a file of some sort then it will just give the name of the file, not the file itself, correct? Is there some way to get an export that would include the file as well?

Suggest an answer