How to enable a custom field depending on the value of other custom field?

Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

Hi, I need help because Im a beginner.

I have to control the following in a jira plugin. When custom field A is empty other custom field B should be disable or read only.

Please help!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

You don't need to do this via a plugin. You can include javascript in the custom field description which activates and disables field B depending on state of field A.

You can also use the field configuration schemes if you want to have behaviour specific to a project

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Using+JavaScript+to+Set+Custom+Field+Values

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28605/is-there-a-way-to-make-a-custom-field-required-based-on-status

Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

Thanks for the information. I'll take a look at those links and I will comment.

Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

Yes, I've been taking a look and it seems that this is what I need. Thanks again!

0 votes
aakanksha choubey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2018

I am not able to open first link .. please provide link sgain or any alternative.

Suggest an answer