How to disable Auto bottom up and Auto top down options in big picture program

kanaka prasad ponnuru May 25, 2021

Hi Team,

How to disable Auto bottom up and Auto top down options in big picture program

We have a requirement that only manual option will be visible and reaming 2 options I,e. Auto bottom up and Auto top down options should be disabled.

Is it possible in big picture program?

1 answer

1 vote
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2021

Hi @kanaka prasad ponnuru

You can set the period mode for each of the Boxes in Box Configuration > Tasks > Scheduling. To access this page you need the Box Administrator security role.
image - 2021-05-26T092500.678.png
Please note that the period mode applies to newly created tasks only. A newly created task is added to the scope of a Box for the first time. If the task is already within the scope of any Box, its period mode will not be overwritten.

Moreover, in Administration >> Box types, you can determine default settings applicable to multiple Boxes (all Boxes of a given type). Those settings are adjusted in Box type administration.
image - 2021-05-26T092502.710.png

This option specifies a default configuration for newly created Boxes of this type.

Let me know if you have further questions.

kanaka prasad ponnuru May 26, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture ,

Thank you for your response.

Here my team's only concern is that whenever a program box is created , any other user is able to change the period mode at anytime which causes a lot of problems as we need to again change it to manual mode which is our default preferred mode of tasks/program box. My requirement is no user should be able to change from manual to auto bottom-up/top-bottom/lock .

I would like to have any workaround if currently this is not feasible as this issue is of critical importance which needs to addressed at earliest.

Rergards,

Kanaka

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 28, 2021

Hi @kanaka prasad ponnuru

Thank you for your feedback. It's really precious for us.
Our PM Team has analyzed your request, and we do understand the need for disabling auto-scheduling.

You can follow the functionality development works in the feature request ticket ONE-35418. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Meanwhile, I would like to suggest a workaround: you can map the Period Mode as Jira field and force 'Manual' value through the automation scripts - e.g.: by Scriptrunner or Automation for Jira.

Suggest an answer