How to deinstall JIRA on Mac OS X?

I have been running JIRA 4.0.1 standalone with Greenhopper on Mac OS X 10.6. I have also installed (for JIRA's sake) MySQL.

Can anyone give or point out to me step-by-step instructions how to deinstall these products?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

Depends on how you installed them, but a Jira install is usually quite clean - it will have put it all in two directories - one application directory (e.g. /opt/jira) and whereever you set the "jira home" to (e.g. /data/jira). Delete those two, and Jira is gone. Of course, if you've written supporting scripts, split the data up (I put attachments outside "jira home" for example, as I usually need it on a separate file system for backups/replication), and so on, you coul dhave files in other places.

MySQL, I'm not so sure - I've only ever installed in on a Linux box, and never removed it using anything other than apt or rpm to remove it, which I've just assumed will clean up for me.

Hi Nic,

thank you very much. That answers my question.

As for MySQL I will drop the database, so it doesn't consume space and be happy with that.

been a while, but I hope this kind of contact can bring some advice to me if you @Ralf Ralf1 still available ? 

my question regarding drop the database  while I am un-installing jira from my macOS (high sierra):

can I keep the database as is, but empty 'shell' kind of , so I can use for next round jira installation on same macOS , please ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,804 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot