How to create filter to search by multiple "reporter" without filter being so lengthy?

D B April 10, 2020

I've found a way to search for Jira tickets and filter the search to show only those "reporters" that I'd like to show. The problem is, I need to create a filter for 25 people (as an example), and they only way I know how to do this is to repeatedly put "OR reporter = (number)" over and over again. Is there an easier way to do this or I way I can do this without this incredibly long string of "OR reporter = etc." to show in the search? Thank you. reporter.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hello @D B 

Welcome to the community.

You can use the in operator

Reporter in (number1,number2...)

If those user are often the same you can create a group (ask you administrator if it is not you) and put them in. You will be able to create a query like this:

Reporter in membersOf(name_group)
WasimBuden April 11, 2020

@Mohamed Benziane thanks that help, appreciate it. What filter should I use to get results of tickets which are linked to a project in Jira from a project in Jira service desk?

Example: We have a project in Jira Service Desk (customer-facing) where a customer reports a bug and we create a linked ticket in a Jira Project which is used by developers, I should be able to retrieve results of all tickets open in that Jira project by JSD project.

Condition 2: I need a list of tickets opens in a Jira project by link ticket in the JSD project which has not been updated for the last 3 days. 

Could you please help?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2020

Hello @WasimBuden 

I will be happy to help you but i think it will be more useful if you open a new question.

Answers from the community for your question may help others people with the same issue.

If you want you can mention me in your question

WasimBuden April 11, 2020

Sure, thank you @Mohamed Benziane 

0 votes
3digits - Desarrollo April 30, 2021

Hello all, I have found the need of a similar interest to the issue raised here, in which I have been asked if it would be possible for non-administrators to select many reporters from a Service Desk Instance with public self-sign up (so the reporter list is quite extensive) without having to go one by one in the searchbar or extending the searchbar to show more than "Around 10 results and then the message 'X more options, continue typing to refine further'."

I imagine it's impossible without the use of a plugin or literally asking for an administrator to make a group for said user? They'd like to for example write @domain.com and get all the users from said domain to select them all at once in search queries. Would it be possible on a way that service Desk agents are able to maintain the system themselves without requiring administrator intervention?

WasimBuden April 30, 2021

they can use membersof("") to achieve this.

3digits - Desarrollo April 30, 2021

Hello Wasim, Whilst I'd normally accept that answer if the users were classified in groups, I'm afraid this is not the case, it's reporter from a public self-signup jira SD instance, they do not belong to any user group, they simply open a request on a portal.

Nonetheless I thank you for responding so quickly on the matter, it's good to know that people are still looking into this ticket after a whole year.

Suggest an answer