How to create a Jira Dashboard that is sprint specific?

Katrina Atkinson September 30, 2022

Aside from the three Jira dashboard gadgets,  days remaining, sprint health, and sprint burndown. Are there ways to pull a pie chart and more gadgets but remain specific to my sprint? 

3 answers

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Katrina Atkinson - As long as the dashboard is primarily around current sprint,  Yes... you can use a simple filter like this to drive just about any dashboard gadget:

sprint in openSprints()

You could do things like filter results gadget showing issues by priority, assignee, etc. One of my favorites is to use the filter statistics gadget grouped by Epic Link so I can keep context switching under control.

Again, I'd keep it primarily focused on current sprint as things get more complicated if you want to get a dashboard with historic reporting. There really is no way to effectively track that without a marketplace app.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2022

Hi @Katrina Atkinson,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option might be Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

With our app you can add an interactive Quick Controller to you gadgets which filters other gadgets dynamically.

For example you could add a filter for your sprint, and once you've activated the filter, other gadgets will only show issues which are in this sprint.

You can test some main features without installation on our demo dashboards.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_filter-per-sprint.png

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace vendor!

Hey @Katrina Atkinson -

It sounds like you are interested in more visualizations around your sprints and I wanted to let you know that minware supplements Jira activity with version control and calendars to tell a more comprehensive story (our team is working in 1-week sprints, that's why you see two sprints in this 2w grouping):

sp_estimates.png

We try to present the information as simply as possible so anyone on your team could lead a data driven sprint retrospective.

I hope this helps! If there is anything specific you are looking for I am happy to see if we can accommodate the request or discuss how you can arrive at these insight manually.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events