It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to copy/paste Jira Issue Id and Title with minimal effort? Edited

For a long while now, I've been copying the title/id of Jira workitems to paste into my checkin descriptions as seen in this image:

09_09_2019_10_25_14.jpg

While it's always been a bit annoying that there hasn't been a better way, it's worked with minimal editing so I get something like this with an extra \n that I quickly delete.
```
[TS-922]
# [v6.5] - Update TestRail title handling so services don't overwrite custom title
```

However, you made a recent change to add the "copy current issue url" link/tag and now when I copy my id/title, I get something like this and sometimes worse:
```
TS-922
copy current issue url

[v6.5] - Update TestRail title handling so services don't overwrite custom title
```

Can we get an easy way to copy the id/title of issues? Here's an example:
09_09_2019_10_20_23.jpg

If there is an easier way to copy/paste the id/title in one shot, please let me know. To clarify, this is what I would like to copy/paste into my checkins without editing.
```
TS-922 - [v6.5] - Update TestRail title handling so services don't overwrite custom title
```

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
I've tested on my local environment and there is no easy way to copy both fields and paste it without needing to edit it.
There was a feature request suggesting this that was closed in 2013 as "Won't fix" because it didn't have a lot of votes and comments.
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-14441
As it has been a while and Jira changed a lot, we can create a new feature request for that.
Feel free to create this feature on jira.atlassian.com (project JRACLOUD) or I can create the feature as well, can I use the screenshots you shared here to put in the feature?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you