How to change reporter for an issue?

egle_samuoliene January 31, 2020

How to change the reporter for an issue? I created a project and selected project lead, but when I got to issues I see they have a totally other person as a reporter. I need to edit that. How can I do that? 

2 answers

3 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

Hi @egle_samuoliene ,

you need to edit the permissions of your project or add yourself to the administrator project role. There's a permission called "Modify Reporter":

image.png

I think the default setting is that every user in the project role "Administrator" is able to change the reporter. 

Emma Tett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 2, 2021

Hey - can you give more context on how to do this? How do I navigate to this page? 

Thanks, 

Like shaun_randhawa likes this
Sergey Kislitsyn October 28, 2021

@Emma Tett

project settings -> permissions

0 votes
Dennis Celen June 12, 2023

@Thomas Schlegel I have admin rights but i still am not able to change the reporter when creating or editing an issue.

Dennis Celen June 12, 2023

found the solution

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
Anthony Zink
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2023

Hello, can you tell me what the solution was? I have the same problem as you

Like # people like this
Zach Shields
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 7, 2023

Please share the solution that you discovered. Don't leave us hangin!

Like # people like this
Maria Groll
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 15, 2024

Eventhough I have admin rights in Jira I was as well confronted with not beeing able to modify the reporter in a certain Project. Permission Helper was telling me "No". ;-)

Maybe it helps to read what my solution was:

Make sure that "Modifying Reporter" is allowed in the project for at least some roles
( go to Project Settings->Permissions) like @Thomas Schlegel described

Make sure that you have the certain project role that is allowed to modify reporter:

Go to Project Settings ->People->Ad myself with Admin role for the Project (if you don´t have jira Admin rights, you probably need to ask your admin for help...)

Suggest an answer