How to change assignee field from Automatic to Unassigned in jira 6.0.2?

Allow Unassigned Issues Flag is ON, Default Assignee under Roles is set to Unassigned, Default assignee under Component is also Unassgined, still unable to set assignee field as Unassigned while creating new issue.

Kindly suggest..

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you really need to see the "Unassigned" word, Then there is a possible Javascript hack wink. You an add this in description of your assignee field.

<script>

AJS.$('#assignee-field').val("Unassigned") ;

</script>

This widget could not be displayed.

Maybe you have assignee as a mandatory field in one of the screens or in the workflow? Is it throwing an error during Create? If so, what is the error?

Hi Jobin, No error. I just want it to be UNASSIGNED instead of Automatic on create screen. Have re-indexed jira as well but still the situation is same.. Help will be appreciated..

Automatic can still set the assignee to unassigned depending on the default assignee configuration on component and project level. Is that not working? On the screen it will show automatic but the issue will be unassigned after creation.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

216 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you