How to automatically add the Reporter to Watcher-list on issue creation?

Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

I would like to get the Reporter added to the Watchers list on issue creation.

Likely this could be done with a small script and script runner plugin ... Jamie, could you help as you did in this question? ;) TNX!

BR, Markus

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

I should really start charging for my services ;-)

But as it happens, the latest version of the script runner has this available as a post-function or listener: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Listeners#Listeners-AddWatcher

Two choices:

1. Add it as a post-function to the issue create event... you don't need a condition unless you want one.

2. Add it as a listener and select the "Issue Created" event and the relevant project(s).

I would go with choice (1).

cheers, jamie

Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2011

Dear Jamie,

Right! I would not mind to pay for this prompt service! Spending my time trying to solve it might be more expensive! ;)

Thanks for your support here (in old forums and on your plugin page)!

Will try your listener...

BR,Markus

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2011

No problem ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events