How to assign permission to non administrator user to view and edit custom fields?

I am a jira administrator and created a custom field. The other users are not able to see this custom field on screens but I am able to see. I believe I need to give permissions to other user so that the custom field can be accessed by them. Please help and let me know how I can give other users permission.

1 answer

1 vote
Suhas Patil Community Champion Sep 25, 2017

Check if the default custom field context includes the the project and issue type in which user is creating an issue. You can check this in Issues >> Custom Fields >>Configure

Other possibility is that the field is enabled in Field configuration scheme used by the project.

Alex Christensen Community Champion Sep 25, 2017

If you're having further issues after trying what Suhas mentioned, I would also check the "Configure Fields" menu on the Create/Edit screens for issues. In that menu, users can choose to hide/remove fields - sometimes, my users do this and I end up spending a lot of time trying to troubleshoot a problem that doesn't really exist. :)

Here's a screenshot of where that menu is.

configure_fields_menu.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

135 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you