Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to add automation rule that sends email notification if status not changed for 48 hours?

Hi,

I'm an admin in Jira Service Management

How can I add automation rule that sends email notification to assignee or reporter if status not changed for a 48 hours?

I didn't find the proper trigger when created a rule.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ioana Rising Star May 31, 2021

Hi Salah,

You can use the Scheduled trigger, so that the automation rule will check the tickets and send emails daily/hourly (depending on what schedule you configure). 

The automation should check the following JQL: not status changed after -48h

scheduled_status_changed.PNG

Regards,

Ioana

Hi Ioana,

Thanks for your support. I tried what you are suggesting and when i click on validate query it showed me the issues are matching the condition (not status changed after -48h) and it shows some issues are created only yesterday and 48 hrs not passed yet on not changing the status. 

could you please suggest another query or look again into the one you shared. in both cases, do you have a link where usually we cheat to know the available queries and the syntax?

Thx

Salah

image.png

Ioana Rising Star Jun 02, 2021

Hi Salah,

Simply add: and created < -48h

It seems that Jira also considers the status updated when a ticket is created. With the JQL below you can see all tickets where the status did not change in the last 3 days and that have been created earlier than 3 days ago.

NOT status changed after -48h and created < -48h

You can check the documentation below for more information about JQL:

You could also check this free skillbuilder: https://training.atlassian.com/jql-in-jira-service-management and this free training: https://training.atlassian.com/Jira-jql

Regards,

Ioana

Like # people like this

hello, I tried this automation but when it is executed it sends to the assigned persons several emails, when only one email is required.

0 votes
Pavel Junek Community Leader May 31, 2021

Hi,

You can use "Scheduled" automation rule with JQL query action:

jql_automation.PNG

And send mail:

send mail.PNG

Pavel

Ioana Rising Star May 31, 2021

If you use updated, it will check for any update, not status changed only.

So if a comment was added/ a field was edited, the issue will be considered updated, even though the status did not change. 

Pavel Junek Community Leader Jun 01, 2021

Yea, your right :) 

Thank you

Hello @Ioana and @Pavel Junek ! I am actually trying to achieve this, if no update whatsoever (abandoned issue) I want to receive an email.

I have a 5 day old test ticket in Waiting for Support status, and I created this JQL rule:

`project = "My Project" and status = "Waiting for support" and updated >= 2d`

Yet I can't seem to get it to work, I also tried `updates < -2d` but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Ioana Rising Star Jun 10, 2021

Hi Mariano,

Try this JQL:

project = "My Project" AND status = "Waiting for support" AND updated < -2d

or

project = "My Project" AND status = "Waiting for support" AND updated < -48h

If it is still not working please provide more details (any error you get, rule configuration, etc).

Regards,

Ioana

Suggest an answer