How to Sync two different JIRA's

Hello all

How to synch two different JIRA's   using Rest API . here i  am using JAVA Script . 

How to connect these two systems using JAVA .

Thanks 

3 answers

1 vote

Syncing or connecting is a loose word. There are so many things you can do. What exactly are you looking for?

For example, if you are thinking about syncing JIRA issues between 2 instances, you can use existing solutions like ConnectAll. Or write your own code that uses the REST API.

Thank you Jobin for your reply.

One of my task is  how to make the sync between two JIRA 's workflows .

Take a look at Project Configurator for JIRA to sync the configurations.

Yes ofcourse , but the problem is i dont want to use any configurations . i want use a script in JAVA using Rest API , and make the sync between two JIRA's

You will need to find or write code that will pick up changes on one end and poke them over to the other side over REST.

This is potentially very complex, and I'd strongly recommend that you pick up one of the add-ons that is designed to do it for you, rather than try to re-invent another wheel.

Thank you NIC , how to set up JAVA Script to REST API and how to sync workflows between two JIRA's. 

I think using add-ons it is somewhat easy. but i  am looking only code .  

Sync two JIRA is a complex and difficult thing. We were facing it ourselves on many of project, and therefore we wrote our own add-on. We made it available for others, so you can find it on Marketplace. Feel free to try it - JIRA2JIRA Connector.

Hello Daniels , can you pleae explin what kind of difficulties are you faced in this situation . and  how  you wrote own add-on .

Hi Vidhya, we had quite specific requirements on synchronization itself, such as sync of only selected issues under specifically defined conditions with customized settings, fields or even with different workflows. Some of those were not simply transferable. We found ourselves in the need of customized solution, so we wrote our own add-on with own rest services. I have to confirm what Nic Brough said, that it was very complex work. The development took us several months and we are still improving it. It is very robust.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

434 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you