How to Copy entire Project configuration from one JIRA Instance to another JIRA instance

Rajat Krishnan October 21, 2024

Dear All,

I hope you all are doing well, before i jump onto the query i want to provide some background

We have 2 division in company and both of us are using JIRA as task management tool but the problem is that our division is still using JIRA which is hosted on datacenter and the other division is using JIRA which is hosted on Cloud, now we want to migrate our JIRA Environment as well to migrate from Data Center to Cloud, but there are some dependent tools which we are using in Data center environment and we are doubtful whether or not it will be compatible on JIRA cloud as well

So our plan is to migrate our common template configuration to cloud and test our dependent tool there and accordingly migrate our environment to cloud

Query :

How can i copy the entire common template configuration (its workflow, issue type schema, ....etc) from our JIRA data center to JIRA Cloud?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Robert DaSilva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2024

Hi @Rajat Krishnan ,

The best path forward here would likely be to use the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate the project from Data Centre into the Cloud. This will bring issue data across, which may be helpful in your testing.

Once the migration is complete, the Data Centre instance is not impacted. All of the information will remain there, and continue to be usable.

The Cloud site will hav a copy of all the data you choose to migrate, and you can delete all the issues from the project at this point, to have a "clean slate". All of the configuration for the selected projects will have migrated, including workflows, custom fields, etc.

Here's a Help Article that describes the options you have available using the JCMA tool: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/choose-what-jira-data-to-migrate-using-the-assistant/

Suggest an answer