How much is it to upgrade the number of users for a JIRA license?

We would like to understand the cost to upgrade JIRA licenses as more users need to use the system. We currently have an evaluation license so are unable to use the quote generator on the atlassian website. Is there a matrix of upgrade prices? We are interested in bundling Greenhopper and Bonfire - is there a breakdown of the costs in an upgrade?

Thanks,

Gavin

2 answers

1 accepted

@Gavin

Here's the upgrade pricing tables.

Upgrade pricing tables:

Write to sales@atlassian.com and they will provide you with an exact quote for what you need for your consideration.

Provide them with your SEN #s when you contact them (found in the licensing panels in your admin console).

Thanks Ellen - exactly what I'm looking for.

Kind regards,

Gavin

0 vote

It's covered at http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Basically, if you move from one band to another, you pay the difference. Eg. you've got 30 users, you're in the $2,200 band. Doubling in size to 60 users moves you into the $4,000 band so you need to pay $1,800 on top of your initial $2,200.

If you do this during a licence period, you'll get a discount for the time you don't use. I'm not sure of the exact rules there, but the principle is along the lines of "$2,200 for my first year. After 9 months, I realise I need more users and that's $1,800 more, but only for 3 months, so only $450"

Talking to sales people at Atlassian will get you exact details for your case.

Thanks Nic - I'm trying to follow our channels through to Atlassian to ask directly. We are looking at the download option which perhaps isn't quite so clear in the pricing as on-demand because of the one-time purchase.

Thanks for the speedy response!

Gavin

Download is a bit more complex. You pay what they say up front on that page for the first year. Renewals are then half that, every year. Same rules about scaling and changing the numbers of users apply though.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,296 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot