How i can see done issues in backlog?

Ivan Razumny October 30, 2018

In backlog of projects i see done issues only in active sprint.

If done issue located in unactive sprint or in backlog i cant see this issues in backlog.

Try to configure filter in board settings, but it did not help

How i can see all issues in backlog of project?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

Hello,

Have a look at this threads:

This one will let you configure, what you want. I did not try, but I guess, it should work.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-want-to-be-able-to-view-closed-issues-in-the-new-plan-mode/qaq-p/126690

This one tells that it should not be done (and I personnaly agree with it).

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-show-Done-issues-on-Backlog-page/qaq-p/101515

Ivan Razumny October 30, 2018

Thanks, your first link help me too much. 

Like Deleted user likes this
6 votes
Chetan Bokariya December 27, 2020

We found simpler solution -- Under filter at top Nav --> click Advanced issue search and then under status you can view tickets which are closed.Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 11.34.17 AM.png

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2018

Hello Ivan,

To display Done issues in your Backlog view you only need to edit the filter query of the board, as you mentioned that you have done.

Once you remove the parameter that is removing the done issues from the board (Resolution = unresolved, status != done) it should be displayed on the board as any other issues.

Also, please check if the issues are accessible for you when looking in the issue navigator to ensure that you are not facing a permission or issue security restriction.

However, as mentioned before, I would not recommend this kind of change.

Rafal Baran January 21, 2021

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

there is any solution to see on the 'Backlog' view issues which are already completed in not active sprints?

For example I have like 3 sprints:

1. MVP 1 (active sprint)

2. MVP 2 (not active sprint)
  3. MVP 3 (not active sprint) 

and I want to be able to see issues which are marked as 'Done' in MVP 2 and MVP 3. 

Project is the 'next gen'

Like # people like this
Hassam Niaz January 16, 2022

The 'Done' issues following the sprint completion will still be in JIRA, you can either search for these in the Issues->Search or use a Kanban board to view project issues.

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2018

If the issues are actually done they should not be in the backlog. This smells like a manager wanting something when they don't understand the basic process. 

Jonny March 27, 2022

in my company once a year i have to do statistics about the done issues and i need to see them, in the backlog and on a confluence page.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Byron Dumbrill June 18, 2019

The best way I've found to do this is to create a special board with the Kanban Backlog column containing the Backlog status, and then a single column called "Current Work" containing all of the other status values.  Like so:

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.35.45 PM.png

Then create a filter query that removes released issues, and those closed more than X days ago in case you have unreleased items that are Closed - Not A Bug, Closed - Can't Reproduce etc.

Here's an example:  project = MP AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND (resolution = EMPTY OR resolutiondate > -14d) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Your board view will be pretty useless as it's a single column, but your "Backlog" view will show you everything in a nice order. 

This approach works for me (As a PM, I want to see everything all at once) and the dev/qa teams can just use a different board with a more traditional setup to manage their planned and in-progress work visually.

Once I complete a feature spec or triage a bug report, I just set it to Planned and it pops up on the board for the team to start working on.

Byron Dumbrill June 18, 2019

Note to Atlassian PMs...it would be great if the product evolved to support configurable "List Views" and "Board Views" instead of methodologically-defined behavior like the current Backlog, Kanban, and SCRUM views.  You could provide recipes for boards and lists specific to a methodology, but when the methodology is baked in to the structure, it forces awkward workarounds like this one.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer