How do you go about merging two my.atlassian accounts?

Josh Ledford November 27, 2017

When we originally signed up with our various licenses SSO was not available. Now that Google SSO is available we manage all of our licenses through that account.

Where the issue came is the original account we had was for domain x.com as an example. The company changed domain names and we no longer can initiate an SSO request from x.com but only for y.com.

Any way to merge these accounts? I have attempted to open a support request with atlassian but was referred to the community page to ask my question.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi Josh,

Can you please clarify exactly what you need? It's not possible to merge two Atlassian IDs but you can move licenses from one to another if that's what you require.

Please be advised that any Atlassian ID whose email address is a Google login will be able to use the Google sign-in button in order to access the account.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Josh Ledford November 29, 2017

Hey Shannon,

Thanks for the help. Yes the main issue would be movement of all of my old licenses under my previous account to my renamed account. I can login fine with my google account with SSO. Only issue is all of my licenses are under my account that was renamed which I cannot google SSO for since its renamed.

Who should I send the license moving request to?

aabate
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Josh, 

Thanks for your reply. It is possible to move all the licenses from one account to another by adding the new email address in the contact details of the licenses.

I invite you to log into My Atlassian account using the old email address. Successively, you will be able to change the contact details by following these few instructions: Change Contact Details.

I hope this helps! 

Cheers, 

Andrea

Josh Ledford November 29, 2017

Thank you both. Migrating contacts for every license took care of the migration and I did have to ultimately change the email address on my old account for SSO to behave properly but we are good to go now.

Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2017

Glad to hear we were able to answer your question, Josh!

Have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer