How do you change Priority Scheme in Jira Cloud?

Ray Buchalter February 28, 2020

I am attempting to change the icons associated with Priorities in Jira.  I want the changes to only apply to a specific project.  I have reviewed existing documentation that points to changing/modifying the Priorities Scheme but I can't find that menu selection under issues.

I have site administration privileges and have also asked the org admin/site admin to see if he can find it.

Is this something only available in the server version?

How can this be done?

13 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2020

Hello @Ray Buchalter

This option to set priority scheme per project is only an option for the server version of Jira. This option is currently under consideration for Jira Cloud. See the link below.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-3821

If you are ok changing the priority icons globally, then you can go to Jira Settings, then Issues, then Priorities.

priority.png

Does this answer your question?

Ray Buchalter March 3, 2020

This answers the question, however it does not currently provide a solution.

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2020

Hi!

Maybe add a comment to the request linked above...that may move it up from "under consideration".  That's what I just did.  :^)

Like # people like this
8 votes
Giovanni Stellato May 19, 2022

Hello,

we migrated from jira server to cloud because atlassian sent us an email about support server license closure.

It's a bit strange that you force us to migrate to a service with less features....

Anyway, do you have news? no solution to this ticket since 2020 :O

Julian Carroll August 9, 2022

Agreed. We were forced to cloud and now face less functionality. I would have thought it would make more sense to put functionality into cloud first.

Like # people like this
6 votes
Theodore Emelianov January 21, 2022

The issue linked above was created in 2004 with zero movement. I believe it is safe to say that Atlassian has no interest in providing features that people are interested in.

2 votes
Brian Sweet September 15, 2022

This is seemingly basic, but it's 2022 and unavailable.

Julian Carroll October 31, 2023

2023 now and still the same. 

Lori Milam February 9, 2024

Now 2024 and in EAP.

2 votes
Henry Chad Apale August 18, 2022

I hope they add Priority Schemes soon. There are some priorities in our company that I prefer to not make available globally

2 votes
Andrew Mallis February 22, 2022

We have a project that requires very specific issue priorities as part of our service delivery. These priority levels do not make sense for our other projects. The lack of feature parity with cloud should be corrected, please.

2 votes
Zyed Triki November 22, 2021

Hello Team

Do we have any solution of this point ?

We have occue same behavior during our test migration from server to Cloud 

¨Please advice

BR

Zyed

1 vote
Lina November 25, 2022

We need priority schemas too as not all projects are alignable under the same global priority configuration.

1 vote
Angelo Edades October 31, 2022

Everyday I keep on finding little bits like this - it seems like Server to Cloud is somewhat of a downgrade...

1 vote
Henrik Lokander October 31, 2022

I would really like to see this feature as well.

1 vote
Vitaliy Denchyk October 16, 2022

yep, this is definitely a good thing to have.

I will also sit here with popcorn and wait for implementation...

0 votes
Michael Ziegler April 13, 2023

just went into the cloud and see NOW this feature is missing

i don´t wont to comment this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-3821

good idea to collect informations ... but never ending story ..

not really amused now .. i again have to calm down my boss / colleagues :-(

0 votes
Holger Winkelmann January 13, 2023

and another one of this stupidity of Forcing Users to a Product which crippling features. We are every day surprised how much basics are missing in Jira CLoud, and just came across this issue today. We simply can not have the same Prio Schema for all projects in a cloud instance. 

Vitaliy Denchyk January 16, 2023

and another one of this stupidity of Forcing Users to a Product which crippling features.

it sounds like "let's force all users to stay with horses instead of cars, because we don't know how to deals with cars globally. on the other hand horses deal with themselves just fine already!" 
:(

Suggest an answer