How do people refer to a comment on an issue in a meeting?

Dave Craig September 10, 2019

We've just moved over from Bugzilla, and during review conference calls we were used to discussing "comment 10" in an issue. I can't immediately see how to do this in Jira. Is there an easy way of getting everyone reading and discussing the same comment?

Thanks

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2019

You can generate link to a specific comment by clicking on the link icon on the top right hand side of an issue.

link-to-issue-comment.png

Dave Craig September 11, 2019

The problem I have is that everyone in the meeting is remote, and pasting a link for every comment we wanted to talk about just seems a bit cumbersome. Is there a way to get the comments indexed?

I think once we use Jira generated bugs rather than ones imported from Bugzilla, the description will become the main repository of information, and comments will become less of a focus.

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

Comments are indexed but I don't understand how it will solve your problem. You can search comments with text like:

issuekey = HR-3 AND comment ~ "keyboard"
Dave Craig September 11, 2019

In Bugzilla where the bugs were imported from, the comments on each bug were numbered, so someone can say "look at comment 7" and everyone can immediately be reading the same comment with only some scrolling.

Suggest an answer