We recently went live in Production with Jira 4.4.3 after figuring out the changes required to get it to work with SSO/Siteminder were 4 files:
Because 4.4.3 is ancient I'm looking to upgrade us to 6.0.1 ASAP. The upgrade went fine, however on trying to update these files I can no longer get SSO to work. In rummaging around the internet I found some reference to opensymphony no longer being supported from 5.0 onwards. Does anyone have an idea of what I need to do to update these files/jar in order to work with 6.0.1? (Please bear in mind I'm a QA guy, so looking for some techie reference material I can pass along to our infrastructure team to do the heavy lifting).
Just had a breakthrough in that the Infrastructure team rebuilt the customauthenticator jar and we are now able to access Jira through Siteminder. There are a number of errors in the log and can't access the marketplace but I'm sure those will be easier issues to fix. I asked for help from a related question and did receive this from Tim Theis which I will try out to see if eliminates any of the log issues:
I upgraded from 4.x to 5.2.5 a couple months ago, but still using a custom authenticator for SSO with Siteminder. The only thing that was required to change in order to get it to work was adding a new parameter into the seraph-config.xml (insert new login.forward.path) as indicated below:
The path to *forward* to when the user tries to POST to a protected resource (rather than clicking on
an explicit login link). Note that this is done using a servlet FORWARD, not a redirect. Information
about the original request can be gotten from the javax.servlet.forward.* request attributes.
At this point you will probably want to save the user's POST params so he can log in again and retry
Defaults to undefined, in which case Seraph will just do a redirect instead of a FORWARD.
If web.xml is changed, probably a custom filter is deployed. If seraph-config.xml is modified, I guess you have a custom authenticator... The reason why it no longer works is not obvious without having access to your source code. By the way, minor tuning should be enough to get it fixed.
Probably the better implementation consists in a Servlet Filter that get username from Siteminder HTTP header and pass it to JIRA standard authenticator as request.getRemoteUser() thanks to a HttpServletRequestWrapper.
In that case, server.xml and seraph-config.xml are kept unmodified and all the job can be done thanks to a single class file.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs