How do I to get a full list of sprint IDs?

Susan Piergallini June 8, 2021

I have read all of the questions regarding getting an individual sprint id; however, I am trying to see if there is a way to get a list of all sprint IDs.  In the view issues display, it shows the sprint name and not the sprint id.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

I am also trying to get a list or at least two sprint ID as they have to be numbers.

Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hello Susan and Aaron,

To get all Sprint ids of a particular board, see this REST endpoint.

You may also may be able to get this information using a scripting solution such as Power Scripts or Scriptrunner.

In Power Scripts, you can get these sprint ids by using the getAllOpenSprints() routine.

I'm sure someone else can give a better example than I can for using Scriptrunner, but check out this script snippet.

Regards,

Hyrum

Full disclosure, I am a product engineer for Power Scripts which is made by Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

@Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_I was able to find the sprint ID by using advance search and using the syntax Sprint in "SprintName" and it then showed all the sprint ID in order of all sprints. Sprint 1(6), Sprint 2(7) etc. Thank you for the input though as I will also look into pulling the data with a rest and or powershell for Jira.

Like Devyn Shapiro likes this

@Aaron Geister - i tried doing what you suggested and got an error. am i missing what you are suggesting?sprintName.PNG

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

@Aaron Geister 

This is an interesting solution, Aaron!

@Susan Piergallini 

Susan,

Here is how I was able to use the JQL search:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 7.21.22 PM.png

Regards,

Hyrum

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

@Susan Piergallini 

Sorry I wasn't more specific.

I used Global search or advanced search and added sprint in "SprintName" This is only an example. You have to put your sprint name inplace of SprintName and you should get the list Ill provide a screen shot next time but Hyrum Steffensen provided the same information.

After I wrote this, i realized what it was doing - it still isn't what I need.  I am looking for the result to be the numeric IDs for all of the sprints, not the sprint names

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

The numeric ID's are the number in brackets after the name when you search for the SPRINT in "SprintName"(1). You can then use that number to do a bulk change for sprints.

I used it today about 50 times for over 1,100 issues and it worked to move all issue to correct sprint.

Susan Piergallini June 9, 2021

OK,  i think i got close enough.  I was looking for the sprint IDs to display in the search results - which I haven't been able to do - but i was able to have the sprint IDs to display in the drop list when creating the advanced search so I can grab the numbers.

Thank you for your help!

sprintIDs.PNG

Like Devyn Shapiro likes this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

@Susan Piergallini from what I am seeing you do have them but I had to write them down and then add them to the bulk change. 

1. Example the first line shows (2707) you add the number plain text to the bulk change on the *change sprint 

This should allow you to select all issues that you want to change to that sprint. I believe you can only bulk change to one sprint at a time. Hence why I did this 50 times in a day with over 1100 issues.

Susan Piergallini June 9, 2021

makes sense - thank you!

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

Nice! Thanks Aaron!

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

Welcome! I am happy to help. 

2 votes
Jakub Banasiuk August 31, 2021

2021-08-31 15_23_25-.png

Suggest an answer