Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I to get a full list of sprint IDs?

I have read all of the questions regarding getting an individual sprint id; however, I am trying to see if there is a way to get a list of all sprint IDs.  In the view issues display, it shows the sprint name and not the sprint id.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I am also trying to get a list or at least two sprint ID as they have to be numbers.

Hello Susan and Aaron,

To get all Sprint ids of a particular board, see this REST endpoint.

You may also may be able to get this information using a scripting solution such as Power Scripts or Scriptrunner.

In Power Scripts, you can get these sprint ids by using the getAllOpenSprints() routine.

I'm sure someone else can give a better example than I can for using Scriptrunner, but check out this script snippet.

Regards,

Hyrum

Full disclosure, I am a product engineer for Power Scripts which is made by Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Like Aaron Geister likes this

@Hyrum SteffensenI was able to find the sprint ID by using advance search and using the syntax Sprint in "SprintName" and it then showed all the sprint ID in order of all sprints. Sprint 1(6), Sprint 2(7) etc. Thank you for the input though as I will also look into pulling the data with a rest and or powershell for Jira.

@Aaron Geister - i tried doing what you suggested and got an error. am i missing what you are suggesting?sprintName.PNG

@Aaron Geister 

This is an interesting solution, Aaron!

@Susan Piergallini 

Susan,

Here is how I was able to use the JQL search:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 7.21.22 PM.png

Regards,

Hyrum

@Susan Piergallini 

Sorry I wasn't more specific.

I used Global search or advanced search and added sprint in "SprintName" This is only an example. You have to put your sprint name inplace of SprintName and you should get the list Ill provide a screen shot next time but Hyrum Steffensen provided the same information.

After I wrote this, i realized what it was doing - it still isn't what I need.  I am looking for the result to be the numeric IDs for all of the sprints, not the sprint names

The numeric ID's are the number in brackets after the name when you search for the SPRINT in "SprintName"(1). You can then use that number to do a bulk change for sprints.

I used it today about 50 times for over 1,100 issues and it worked to move all issue to correct sprint.

Like Hyrum Steffensen likes this

OK,  i think i got close enough.  I was looking for the sprint IDs to display in the search results - which I haven't been able to do - but i was able to have the sprint IDs to display in the drop list when creating the advanced search so I can grab the numbers.

Thank you for your help!

sprintIDs.PNG

@Susan Piergallini from what I am seeing you do have them but I had to write them down and then add them to the bulk change. 

1. Example the first line shows (2707) you add the number plain text to the bulk change on the *change sprint 

This should allow you to select all issues that you want to change to that sprint. I believe you can only bulk change to one sprint at a time. Hence why I did this 50 times in a day with over 1100 issues.

makes sense - thank you!

Nice! Thanks Aaron!

Welcome! I am happy to help. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you