How do I stop JIRA from messing up my workflow diagram?

Adam Grace March 12, 2012

Hi all, I'm starting to lose my patience with JIRA's auto-formatting of my workflow diagram. I spent hours sort this workflow out. I select "Save layout" and then publish it. I then create a test ticket to test the workflow, I select the View Workflow link and find JIRA's destroyed the layout I spent ages doing.

Anyone else experience this? It happens EVERY time for me.. :(

Example images below. The top one is a snap shot I took after selecting Save Layout, and the bottom one is of the JIRA "amended" version.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers, Adam

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2012

Hi Adam,

this seems to be a bug.

Take a look at this JIRA issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25548

Cheers, Christian

0 votes
Pranjal Shukla August 6, 2012

I have created a New Feature request for the problem, please vote guys if you feel it is relevant.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29247

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

ok! done already! thanks!

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

@Jacques, add the vote in the Jira issue that @Christian has indicated so Atlassian fix this.

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

I have the same problem... using version 5.0.4

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

Hi Adam, I'm having the same trouble with my diagrams. I haven't tested in the jira 5 but it seems it is still with the same problem from what I read in this Jira Issue. If you can add your vote to the issue, so this can be changed.

Adam Grace May 30, 2012

Hi Ramiro, I've actually already voted on that ticket. Hopefully they'll look into this soon.

Suggest an answer